Some of us start off with self-control, but we seem to quickly derail as we delve deeper into this beautiful, multicolored, fluffy world of cloth diapers.
Just like other addicts, we might not know when we have a problem, and some of us know we have a problem and don’t care in the slightest. (Guilty.) Just in case you’re not sure if you qualify as a true cloth addict, I give you:
“You know you’re a #clothdiaperaddict when…”
- You have enough diapers to not stuff and put away for a week (or more).
- #Stashshotsunday is a weekly routine for you.
- You sacrifice new things for yourself (clothes, outings, etc.) to buy more cute diapers for your kid.
- You go to extreme measures to make sure you have the right inserts with the right shells. (A tape measure? Color coded snaps changes? Pre-sort system?)
- Your social media outlets are plagued with adorable photos of your kid’s fluffy butt.
- You meet strangers in store parking lots to make deals you set up online for swapping /buying/selling the good fluff.
- You find a good deal on gently used newborn diapers, so you buy an entire stash…even though you don’t have a baby on the way (yet).
- You are constantly on the hunt for your ISO (in search of) or (for the more dramatic) your DISO (desperately in search of).
- You have something called your “unicorn diaper,” and it doesn’t have anything to do (usually) with unicorns.
- Just when you feel stashified, a new print or color is released that you just HAVE to have!
- You could sell your stash and use the money to put a down payment on a car.
- You joke that your stash is your child’s college fund.
- Your favorite brand is about to release a new print. You hired a babysitter, and you’re glued to the computer waiting for 11:00 AM EST to strike, fingers poised over the keys, sweat upon your brow, ready for total annihilation of this stocking.
- You’re always up for trying a new brand, mainly so you can still decide that your favorite brand is still your favorite and sell off the random brands for more of your favorite…
- You want to have more children, mainly so that you can cloth diaper again and don’t have to sell your stash.
- You have an odd number (47) of diapers in your stash, so you order 3 more to make it an even 50.
- Every outfit your child owns has a coordinating diaper to go with it.
- You sell things you decide you don’t need to afford more diapers.
- You tell strangers that you cloth diaper. (“Aww, he’s so cute! He’s so little! Is he wearing underwear?” “OH! No, that’s his CLOTH DIAPER! You see…”)
- Your phone auto-corrects basic words to cloth diaper terms/brand names.
- Your husband/wife rolls his/her eyes every time a pink package arrives in the mail.
- You look at cloth diaper memes and nod your head in agreement. Every. Time.
- Everyone you know knows that you cloth diaper.
- You stalk your postman/UPS lady/Fed Ex Guy on a regular basis, or you have mail tracking texts sent to your phone to keep an eye on your fluff mail.
- You love doing laundry…well, diaper laundry…
Well? Do you need help? Don’t ask for it here. I’m an enabler.
In fact, we’re going to be giving away a brand new (currently sold out) Lalabye Baby “Tweedle Dee” cloth diaper to one of our readers!
Comment below and tell us about your cloth diaper addiction! Have others to add to the list? One lucky commenter gets the prize! One comment equals one entry. One comment per person.
Fellow addicts? You’re not alone! Look below to see some of Dream Diapers’ cloth diaper addicts’ awesome stash shots!
Thank-you, Dream Diaper Stash Chatters,
for sharing your stash shots with us!
Winner will be announced in the next blog post,
so stay tuned!